Community Enjoys Pinecrest Elementary Funfest

+Community+Enjoys+Pinecrest+Elementary+Funfest

(By contributing writers: Ruby Willie, Daniela Grava, and Paola de Oliveira) Whether it was the loud music playing, children laughing, rides spinning, the smell of popcorn popping and grilled barbecue taking over the air, the Pinecrest Elementary “Peace Love Funfest” was the city of Pinecrest’s place to be on Nov 5.  Held annually at the Pinecrest Elementary School campus, this year’s “Peace Love Funfest” brought together residents and helped raise funds for the school.

Adults and children of all ages enjoyed a fun-filled afternoon of amusing carnival rides, foods ranging from burgers to cotton candy, interactive game booths, and raffles offering prizes such as theme-related gift baskets.

“I love coming to the fair, it’s so much fun,” said 7th grader Alicia Stuart, who attends the fair annually.

The festival relies on volunteers to help the event go smoothly.  According to Chairwoman Sabrina Robinson, volunteers are a huge help, considering that 1,400 people attend each year.

“They [volunteers] are the manpower that help us sell tickets, work booths and rides, sell food, and set it all up,” said Robinson.

High schools volunteers viewed working at the fair as an opportunity to serve their community. “The Pinecrest funfest is a really fun way of doing community service. I love working in all the booths and enjoying the food as well.” said freshman Tuni Walz

Students earn community service hours while having a good time, making the annual event an attraction to all.