Business students compete at annual showcase

The Prep Business Program hosted their annual Business Showcase on Mar. 14th. In the showcase, the students presented their unique ideas and business plans to a panel full of judges that have experience in the business world and an audience of fellow students and parents.

The process began at the start of the school year, when the students were asked to form an idea and begin to create a business plan. A wide variety of ideas were presented such as an improved music streaming service, vitamins for pets, and many other unique ideas.

Every group went through a similar process within their classroom, first creating the idea then dealing with the financial aspect of creating a business. The six groups that presented in the showcase were voted in by a combination of the teachers, students, and judges to represent each class after strong presentations in the previous round.

The first place team, “Fresh Zone” was made up of senior Orest Danyliv, sophomore Alex Anton, and sophomore Dania Fernandez. Their idea was a healthy yet affordable, fast-food restaurant. The group’s strong presentation mixed with the appeal to the audience is what led to their victory. While “SupportMe” and “Illumina” finished second and third.  The “Fresh Zone” team went on to place second at the InnovateSFL business plan competition on Mar. 27.