Campus Voices | First Annual Course Expo is Positively Viewed by Students

Monica Rodriguez
Two students flip through past editions of the yearbook at the multimedia table. The first annual Course Expo was an opportunity for students to explore all the courses offered to them. With the wide variety available, students had an entire period to explore their options.

Emma Die-Dienes ’27

The Course Expo was a great way to find out more about the courses and classes that I can take next year. Going into it, I was still unsure on how my schedule would look, especially since I want to do IB. But I was able to talk with Mr. Ott and he explained to me how my schedule could possibly look like. He also gave me recommendations for classes I should take next year that would go along well with my four-year signature elective program. Overall, it was super helpful to be able to talk to him one on one and discuss what my schedule will look like next year.

Evan Vineberg ’28

When I entered the gym, I was able to experience the Course Expo and I really enjoyed it. The food was probably my favorite part. I liked the cookies and the crêpes considering I have close French friends, and they usually make them when I come over. I was quite interested in the business section of the Expo: I enjoy finding ways to make money and understand the market. One of my goals in the future is to eventually own a multi-million or billion dollar corporation.

Chase Samole ’28

The Course Expo was very exciting to experience with it being my first time I was able to see my options for next year for my classes. The people at the booths provided a very good explanation about what the class is about and what you will do in the class. The food was also exquisite with there being crepes and cookies for students and teachers alike. 

William Goodman ’28

For the first time, I was able to experience the Course Expo. I was able to learn so much about the courses that I could take next year. My favorite thing from the expo was learning about the business track. I was able to really see if I enjoyed business or not. I also enjoyed eating the crepes and talking about the different tracks with my friends. The Course Expo really helped me decide which courses to take throughout high school. 

Angelina Gouchee ’28

During the Course Expo, there were many insightful and enjoyable things to see and do. I enjoyed the raffle the staff did, and how they made the expo a game, which helped keep the kids entertained. I learned about many new classes, such as bio-med and architecture. The expo helped change my choice of classes for next year because I now really enjoy bio-med and find it a fascinating class to take next year. 

Daniela Solorzano Giardinelli ’28

The Course Expo was a great experience. It was so much fun to be able to think a lot more about which courses I would like to take next year. It was also a lot of fun being able to do a little of everything and being able to talk to people with experience.