Interact Hosts 9th Annual Charitable Fashion Show

[slideshow_deploy id=’2607′]

Photos by Claudia Picado

The Interact Club’s 9th annual fashion show took place on Mar. 10 in the Student Union.

Members of the club modeled clothing sponsored by boutiques from around the area. Interact Club members sold tickets for $10 the week before and $15 on the night of the show.

“The preparation for the fashion show is a very long process and takes a lot of hard work,” said junior and vice president of the club Alissa Seleznov.

To prepare, the models attended a photo session and fittings weeks prior to the show. Other members of the club, who were not modeling, were in charge of setting up the stage and having all the outfits ready for the models. The event showcased clothing, accessories and shoes from businesses including Blush, Market, Lanes and some others.

“Being part of the show as well as being part of everything that goes on before is exciting,” said junior and Interact model Alex Rich.

The club uses the money raised for Chapman Partnership, Easter Seals, and the Kids for the World Foundation.

The club is based on interacting with the community. Other activities held by the club include going to Easter Seals, a facility devoted to helping autistic children and elderly people with Alzheimer’s disease. For the first time this year, the club also participated in the Rotary Club of Coral Gables Chili Cook-Off.

Interact was very pleased with the event’s turnout, hoping that the fashion show inspired other students to join their club and help raise money to donate to other causes.