• Art Exhibition Showcase April 16-17
  • Senior Week: April 15-19 in the Student Union During Both Lunches!
  • IB Seniors' Last Day of School: April 23

National Honor Society Hosts First Ever Faculty Karaoke Night

[slideshow_deploy id=’2578′]

On Feb. 24, the National Honor Society hosted its first ever Faculty Karaoke Night at the Second Story Theatre. Teachers and administrators from all departments showcased their vocal talents by performing hit tunes.

The club raised a total of over $1,200 from ticket ($5 presale and $10 at the door) and concession sales. All proceeds from the event were donated to Broadway Cares/Equity for AIDS.

“I was in awe of the event’s success. It required the collaborative efforts of so many people and I’m so happy we had such a great turnout,” said club president, senior Valentina Wakeman, “we’ve really accomplished our goals of raising money for an important cause, creating an annual NHS-sponsored event, and uniting the student and teacher communities outside of the classrooms.”

Junior Madison Artzt and math teacher Julio Melendez hosted the event.

“It was such a fun experience,” said Artzt, “before the show, Melendez and I decided who was going to introduce which performances, but all of our jokes were just made up on the spot.”

At the end of the night, audience applause determined the best performance: “I’m Too Sexy” by Right Said Fred covered by physics teacher Daili Shang.

The top three performers were awarded sashes and vibrant flower bouquets. Other standout performances included science teacher
Luis Luis Fayat’s choreographed “Hotline Bling” routine and math teacher Christopher Kang’s “Lonely Boy” performance, receiving runner-up and third place awards, respectively.

The night ended with a performance from math teachers Alyssa Anderson, Christopher Kang, and science teacher Luis Luis Fayat who dedicated a song to coworker Julio Melendez.

NHS officers and members hope this event is one that will flourish in support and attendance in years to come, as well as help with participation of upcoming events.