Apple Watch Hits Stores

Troy Wolverton of the San Jose Mercury News uses an Apple Watch to answer a phone call on April 29, 2015 in San Jose, Calif. (Gary Reyes/Bay Area News Group/TNS)

The Smartwatch will be the first of its kind for the company. Despite other smartwatches on the market, the Apple Watch hopes to differentiate itself from its competitors.

“The Apple Watch was one of my most anticipated products of this year and I can’t wait to get it next week,” said sophomore Jack Skweres.

Apple is marketing the product as its most personal device yet.  According to the official Apple website, it will let the owner customize  the watch to present the time in a more meaningful and personal context.  This is one of the main features the watch possesses as it is customizability is one of the more appealing aspects of it.

The product includes other features that are not on the iPhone, in addition to a plethora of features that one can find on their smartphone.   For example, one of its more sought after features is the health monitor, which will allow the user to monitor their health while they are carrying out their daily functions.

The ease of use has been one of the advantages the Apple Watch has over it’s competitors.

All of these features come at a large price as according to Apple, the price will start at $349, and it will go up depending on what model the person gets.

“I own a smartwatch already but i’m very excited to see the Apple Watch and what features it will have to differentiate itself from its competitors,” said sophomore Daniel Cano.

The IOS 8.3 Update which came out recently  includes an app to go along with the apple watch where people will be able to use the features the watch offers.

Most of the reviews that have come out for the product have been mostly positive however certain people have criticized the product for being too pricey.