Dylan Gardner- The Adventures in Real Time

http://youtu.be/j-ZvVm2d5a8

On Jan. 6, 2015, up and coming musician Dylan Gardner debuted his premiere album The Adventures in Real Time.

Initially, Dylan Gardner came into the public eye because of his mashup of the Beatles’ famous album Abbey Road. Gardner’s version was a tribute to the Beatles’ split. When the clever hashtag #DylanBrokeUpTheBeatles quickly spread through Twitter, it made a solid impression on future fans. Citing the Beatles as one of his greatest inspirations, Gardner was pleased with the idea of the band’s fans referencing and enjoying his modern version.

Gardner also takes inspiration from rock legends like Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, and the Doors. However, Gardner’s sound is seemingly different from this brand of rock. His style reflects the pop music of today’s radio stations along with a twinge of rock n’ roll inspiration. His pop sound is extremely noticeable with his upbeat, potential single, ‘Let’s Get Started.’

“I’ll be John and you’ll be Yoko/ Sit back and watch our love grow/ I’ll be winter, you’ll be summer/ I couldn’t ask for just another/ I’ll be Sunday, you’ll be Monday,” writes Gardner in his possible hit.

The song provides listeners with a classic story of summer love. Only 18 years old, Gardner’s lyrics seem reflective of his own life; a quality that makes his songs more authentic. A potential heartthrob, Dylan Gardner reinforces his bubbly image in his other song which are mostly all similar pop infused tracks.

Yet, one song on Gardner’s album sets itself apart from the others. “The Actor” is slow and melodious and resembles more of a indie rock feel than his other tracks. In this song, his love for classic rock n’ roll is easier to hear. The song is a complete contrast to the rest of his album. With more evolved lyrics and a slower melody, “The Actor” sticks out as the best song on The Adventures of Real Time.

Gardner began his tour on Feb. 27 at Slim’s in San Francisco, CA. He will be performing in 13 different venues in less than a month. Gardner is slowly working up his way to pop stardom.