• May 10 - Seniors' Last Day
  • May 20 - Last day to submit entries for Reflections Literary Magazine
  • May 24 - Last Day of School

Uniteen Talent Show

Andres Hernandez, lead singer of “Thanks” along with Brett Gilbert and Ross Fiol perform songs from their new album.

The annual Uniteen talent show took place on Thursday, Nov. 13 in the Second Story Theater allowed students to show of their talent and unique abilities, while also supporting a charity. All ticket sales from the event were used to buy books and other supplies to help fund the Teach for America: Baby Bulls Academy at Holmes Elementary.

Currently, students in the international baccalaureate program in correspondence with Northwestern High students have spent several Saturdays a month not only reading to kids, but also providing them with a breakfast, several writing activities and other physical activities including basketball and soccer. The students participating in this program teach reading comprehension to help the kids pass the FCAT, at a school where the pass rate is only 21%.

“Although the Baby Bulls Academy is not something every student participates in, everyone was still given the chance to give back to the community and aid this service project, through displaying their passions and talents,” said senior, Rachael Krieger.

Students participating in the event showcased various talents including dancing, singing, and magic.

“I love that the talent show is an holistic experience. It allows the students to showcases their different passions and talents. We have a very diverse group of students and I am always amazed to see the different talents each one of them embraces,” said Mrs. Barrett, Uniteen club sponsor.

There were 16 acts through out the night, including teachers Mr. Cardinale and Mr. Schachner. The show culminated with a performance by the Jazz Band.

“The energy in the room was high and the crowd was very supportive of all the other contestants. I enjoyed watching my fellow classmates perform in their band Thanks” said senior Angelica Bourland.