John Green’s Novel on the Big Screen Once Again

Paper_Towns_coversPaper Towns, a novel by John Green, is in the process of being made into  movie, the second of Green’s book to have a movie adaptation.

The plot is centered around  a quirky teenage boy named Quintin, or Q. After Q has a crazy night of mayhem with a mysterious girl named Margo, she suddenly vanishes. Teaming up with some unlikely friends, the search for the girl Q thought he knew begins.

Fans of the novel have eagerly watched the progress of the filming from the announcement of the cast to Green’s Twitter feed.

“I read the book over the summer and I really look forward to seeing the movie when it comes out,” said freshman Andrea De Haro.

As news continued to be released, the announcement of the cast caused a stir in the fandom. Audiences had a mixed reaction to the casting of Margo as Cara Delevinge.

“While I like Cara Delevinge as a model, I don’t know how she will be on the big screen,” said sophomore Catie Schwartzman.

Other members of the cast include Nat Wolff, playing the main character of Q. Nat Wolff has appeared in another movie adaptation of Green’s books, The Fault in Our Stars.

The Fault in Our Stars is the novel that earned John Green his name. Winning numerous awards, including New York Times Bestseller, the film adaptation received similar acclaim as the novel.

Green has been documenting his journey into the filming of the movie through his Twitter feed since the initiation of filming Nov. 3.

“The #PaperTowns movie shoot has begun! I’m so happy to be reunited with @natandalex, who plays Q. Love this kid,” posts Green.

Filming is estimated to end around Decemnber and will enter theaters in June, 2015.