Brief | Fans and Guests Come Together for Football Field Re-Dedication Ceremony

The+field+is+dedicated+to+Gulliver+alumni+and+football+player+Sean+Taylor.+Taylors+daughter%2C+senior+Jackie+Taylor%2C+attended+the+event+with+her+family.+
Kajsa Brion
The field is dedicated to Gulliver alumni and football player Sean Taylor. Taylor’s daughter, senior Jackie Taylor, attended the event with her family.

Last Friday, the inauguration of the new Sean Taylor ’01 Memorial Field took place before the varsity football  opening season matchup against Archbishop Carroll.

Football players and coaches dedicated the game to the renowned Raider alum, who passed away in 2007, amidst the prime of his NFL career. 

“I think it’s obviously a great honor, and something that he deserves. As I grew older I was able to realize all the great things he’s done and continue to tell people who he was and what he did,” senior and Taylor’s daughter Jackie Taylor said.

After the re-dedication ceremony, the Raiders faced Archbishop Carroll at their very first game on the new field. The field was the most recently-completed upgrade to the campus expansion and renovation initiatives, ushering a new era for athletics and instructional areas alike. 

“I think it was pivotal with the new direction we are going in terms of our facilities and excited to play home for sure and honor Sean Taylor at the Memorial Field. New facilities and new upgrades bring a sense of pride,” coach Earl Sims said.

The Raiders are back on the field this Friday against the North Miami Pioneers.