Brief | Schedule Changes to End on Friday

Sophomore+Santiago+Estrada+discusses+an+issue+with+his+counselor.+Students+requesting+schedule+changes+should+see+their+counselors+before+Friday%E2%80%99s+deadline.+%E2%80%9CI+had+to+change+my+schedule+last+year+and+the+process+was+quick+and+effective%2C%E2%80%9D+Estrada+said.+
Antonella Aguero
Sophomore Santiago Estrada discusses an issue with his counselor. Students requesting schedule changes should see their counselors before Friday’s deadline. “I had to change my schedule last year and the process was quick and effective,” Estrada said.

Friday, Sept. 1 marks the end of all student-initiated schedule changes. Students seeking a schedule change must see their counselors before the deadline.

According to Dean of Academics and Curriculum Erika Velez, it is important to complete schedule changes early to help students become organized as well as comfortable with their classes. Teacher-initiated schedule changes regarding level placement will continue to be processed throughout the next few weeks.

“We are not going to be making any changes after quarter one in regards to any student schedules or level changes,” Velez said. 

Velez emphasized that any special circumstances that arise with a student’s schedule after the deadline would be reviewed by a committee and handled on a case-by-case basis. 

“We are supportive of special cases, and we will review [them] and make sure we make the best decision for the family and the student,” Velez said.

View Comments (2)