Gone Girl a Must See

http://www.freeartwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Gone-Girl-618x400.jpg
http://www.freeartwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Gone-Girl-618×400.jpg

It is a cinematic rarity when a film is so beautifully written and crafted that it leaves the viewer speechless in his or her seat when the ending credits roll, and Gone Girl does exactly that.

It is nearly impossible to summarize the complicated plot of Gone Girl in just a page or two.  The movie’s plot focuses on Nick Dunne, whose wife Amy goes missing and the mystery surrounding this event and the press’s view of Nick.

There are countless plot twists in this movie, yet not a single one feels like it was used solely for the sake of suspense. Part of this can be attributed to the astounding performances by the actors that take part in this film.

The two leads Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike both shine in their roles, especially Pike who was able to change her mood from happy to butt-kicking to frighteningly insane in the same scene.  I would not be surprised at all if Pike gets an Oscar nomination for her role in this movie.

There were two casting decisions that many people scoffed at that turned out better than expected. One was Neil Patrick Harris who plays Desi Collings, a former ex-boyfriend of Amy who still loves her and even goes to the extent of stalking her. Patrick Harris played his role well but failed to stand out like many of the other actors in the movie.  The other questionable casting choice was Tyler Perry as Nick Dunne’s lawyer, who knocked his role out of the park and really came out of his shell. He really thrived in one of his few serious roles.

Another memorable performance is Carrie Coon as Margo Dunne, Nick Dunne’s sister. Coon plays the role of the cool minded sister perfectly and did fantastic considering this is her first big time role.  She keeps the whole Dunne family intact as they face difficult times.

Director David Fincher leaves his mark on the movie based on Gillian Flynn’s novel Gone Girl, and can add this film to the list of outstanding movies he has directed including Fight Club, Se7en, Zodiac, and the Social Network.

The movie explores how a media’s coverage or bias towards a certain current even can change the public’s perception of said event and their opinion on those involved. It also touches upon the fact that the media can make the lives of those involved in a crime or similar public event a living hell.

On the surface the film is about a girl who goes missing but the shocking twists and turns will keep viewers mesmerized throughout the 149 minute run time and will leave them thinking long after they leave the theater.

The scariest thing about the movie is not what actually takes place but the frightening plausibility of the plot.

By Tyler Perez