• May 10 - Seniors' Last Day
  • May 20 - Last day to submit entries for Reflections Literary Magazine
  • May 24 - Last Day of School

Students Showcase Artwork at Annual Art Exhibition

Chase Samole
Parents and students admire the artwork presented in front of them. Throughout the week, students have been able to stop by the Blue Dungeon and look at the works.

The Visual Arts Department is hosting their Annual Arts Exhibition from April 16–19, featuring a variety of student-made pieces across all art classes and mediums: ceramics, 2 dimensional art/design, printmaking, painting, watercolor, and sculpture. The exhibition gave students coming from all levels and different skill sets an opportunity to showcase pieces that they had been working on for the majority of the year. 

“I felt very accomplished after seeing my Greek vessel on display since I had been working on it for a few months,” freshman Lily Epstein said. “It was also amusing to see the very distinct art pieces from students of all different art classes.”

For seniors, this was their final time being able to showcase their artwork at the annual exhibition.

“I started doing art back in sixth grade so it truly was fulfilling to be able to showcase my art one last time as a senior,” senior Desmond Howard said. “I’ve shown my art at this showcase all throughout high school, but none can really match this one… To see other people enjoy the work you’ve done throughout your high school career it’s really a blessing,” Howard added.

Freshmen Simon Perry and Sofia Soporta talk to Perry’s father about their artwork. Both students took Ceramics 1 this year and showcased their work.

Along with the student body, parents were invited to see the artwork that their children and their peers made.

“I was really proud of my son’s work,” parent Camilla Cejas said. “He always tells me about his art and to be able to finally see it was spectacular.”

After another successful Annual Art Exhibition, underclassmen like freshman Mikaela Isaias cannot wait for next year.

“Even though I am not currently taking an art class this year, during my advisory I went to go visit the Art Exhibition in the gym and I was pleasantly surprised,” Isaias mentioned. “Many of the art pieces I came across were eye-catching and left me thinking of the story behind them. My hope for next year’s exhibition is for it to be even more fascinating than the last,” Isaias added.