Spring Football Season Comes to a Close with Game Against Key West

Sophia Lambert

The Gulliver Raiders prepare as they face off against the Key West Conchs.

Ian Uccelli, Assistant Sports Editor

The Raider Football spring season comes to a close with their game against Key West. Raider fans will have a look at their lineup for the last time before they put away their pads until August. Players will only be allowed to condition and workout during the summer.

“For the spring game, I hope we win and that everyone gets the experience they need. I play spring so that I can be ahead in the fall and show the coaches what I can do for the upcoming season,” said sophomore Brandon Rosenthal.

The spring football season gives a brief look into the team and how the team might perform during the season. But spring football is not played the same as it is in the fall. In the spring season, quarterbacks are protected from being hit and special teams are made without any movement other than the kickers, punters, and long snappers.

“This is our last time on this field so winning will be cool and add to the legacy of Gulliver football. When you play spring football you are learning how to play the game and get in shape. I love spring because you get to play football early,” explained junior Matthew Ehrenreich.

This will be the last game on this field because over the summer the field will begin to be torn up and replaced by a new one. Marking this as the last game on the current Sean Taylor Memorial Field, a field that raiders have become accustomed to. 

“I enjoyed playing spring football. It was a good opportunity to see how the team will look in the fall and it was also a time to see a lot of younger kids step up. We also saw how the team improved individually and as a team” said junior Francisco Caballero.

The team worked hard over the course of spring football to prepare for the spring game, but also to get extra practice in before the season. The Raiders are hopeful for a good season in the fall after winning the spring game 38-3 against the Key West Conchs.