Boys Basketball Looks to Bounce Back

Madison Aguilera

The boys basketball team will take on Marathon on Dec. 14 at home.

Madison Aguilera, Staff Writer

The boys basketball team looks to bounce back in the next few games, followign tough losses to North Broward Prep and Coral Gables Senior High. The boys currently hold a 1–4 record, but continue to practice hard, getting better little by little every day. Although the Raiders ultimately lost the Coral Gables game, the team put forth an admirable effort, with many supporters in the bleachers cheering them on.

The team has been led by junior Jeremy Arnum, junior Jordan Bankston, and sophomore Amare Sanders, followed by the rest of the players who have held contributing roles to the team. Coming off an injury, Bankston has averaged 18 points per game, followed by Arnum who has added 14.3 points per game. 

“Being out for so long has only made me want to come back stronger than before,” said Bankston.

Arnum has recently returned from winning the annual “Sun Bash” player of the game, in the team’s tough matchup against Coral Gables Senior High. As it is still the beginning of the season, the team plans to use their strong opponents to improve and prepare for the postseason.

“Their tough schedule is only going to get them better,” said Assistant Coach Hassan Marquez. 

Tomorrow, right here in the Blue Dungeon, the boys look to improve their record against Marathon at 4pm.