• Art Exhibition Showcase April 16-17
  • Senior Week: April 15-19 in the Student Union During Both Lunches!
  • IB Seniors' Last Day of School: April 23

Senior Robert Burns Recognized as Under Armour All-American

Photo by Jennifer Uccelli.
Photo by Jennifer Uccelli.

Senior Robert Burns was officially named an Under Armour All-American on Friday, Oct. 14. Burns, a running back and captain on the football team, was presented his official Under Armour All-American jersey and then answered questions for the media during a press conference.

The status of All-American is the peak of multiple high school athletes’ career. Burns was named an All-American after performing well at an invitation only
camp in Orlando. The camp, which was hosted by Under Armour, is called Future 50. The camp brought together fifty of the best high school football players in
the country for a single weekend to tour the facilities at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and compete at the highest level. Burns made a strong impression on the scouts and coaches, leading to his nomination.

“The moment was surreal. Being named an All-American is something I’ve dreamed about since the fifth grade, and for it to actually happen is amazing. It is a dream come true,” said Burns.

During the press conference, Burns was surrounded by family, friends, and coaches who all supported him during this incredible honor.

However, there is one specific person he attributes to his current success through football.

“My mom has definitely been biggest encourager. She has been my number one supporter, and has always been there for me by my side,” said Burns.

Despite being named an All-American, Burns isn’t yet satisfied by remaining the same player and person he currently is. Burns is remaining focused on his goals ahead of him. He continues to work hard every day to be the best person and player he can.

“From here, I’m trying to get ready for the collegiate level both mentality and physicality. I am just trying to get better in every aspect of my game on and off the field,” said Burns.

The Under Armour All-American game will take place on Jan. 1 in Orlando at the Camping World Stadium. The game will be televised by ESPN.