Top 3 NFL Teams With the Best Draft Picks

%28MCT+Campus%29+

(MCT Campus)

Diego Collazo, Staff Writer

NFL draft, an annual event where NFL teams select eligible college football players, recently took place on April 27. The draft consists of seven rounds, and the order of the picks is determined by the teams records from the previous season. The team with the worst record gets the first pick and the Super Bowl champion gets the last pick. This year the draft was loaded with plenty of talent and many different NFL teams had a great draft. These are the top 3 teams with the best drafts this year:

1. Philadelphia Eagles

The Philadelphia Eagles just recently made the Super Bowl but came up just short of winning it. Many fans thought that they would not be able to perform nearly as well this upcoming season, but with the draft they just had they certainly will. The eagles had seven picks in total including two in the first round. They had arguably the steal of the draft in star defensive tackle Jalen Carter and had another great pick in defensive end Nolan Smith. Many analysts gave the Eagles and A+ grade and they certainly proved why.

2. Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks had a very promising season last year and currently have many young players on the roster and they hoped to continue that trend with their upcoming draft. The Seahawks had ten total picks in this year’s draft including two first round picks and one of them being a top five pick. Their 5th pick, Devin Witherspoon, was a highly talented cornerback this past season and they hope he can continue that success into the NFL. The Seahawks also drafted the best wide receiver in the draft class Jaxson Smith Njgba to pair with their already stacked receiving room. Many analysts gave the Seahawks an A- grade. 

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team on this list that didn’t make the playoffs last season but they are looking to change that. They had a very underrated draft as they had seven draft picks but they made the most out of them. With their first pick they took offensive tackle Broderick Jones who was a very talented player in college. They were also very efficient with their other picks in the draft and filled all of their needs. Analysts agreed on an A- grade for the Pittsburgh Steelers.