Harry Styles’ Love on Tour Kicks Off | Concert Review

Harry+Styles+wows+the+crowd+at+Madison+Square+Garden+in+New+York+City+as+he+kicks+off+his+Love+on+Tour+on+August+20%2C+2022.++

Jade Garcia

Harry Styles wows the crowd at Madison Square Garden in New York City as he kicks off his “Love on Tour” on August 20, 2022.

Jade Garcia, Social Media Editor

Harry Styles held the opening night for his new “Love on Tour” at Madison Square Garden in New York on Aug. 20.

Harry Styles is a 28-year-old British singer-songwriter who whose career took off twelve years ago and continues to succeed. I was able to visit New York and watch him perform on his sold out opening night. If I were to describe it in one word I would simply say: Amazing.

After his first tour as a solo artist, Styles announced that he would be going around the world another time with a completely different setlist. If you are a Harry Styles fan (better known as a “Harrie” to his fans) you know that his first tour consisted of songs from his debut album Harry Styles. Love on Tour’s official starting date was in September of 2021 but later continued in Europe and is now back in North America. In 2021, he sang songs from his sophomore album Fine Line (great album might I add) and some songs from his debut album. With his third album out, songs from Harry’s House dominate the setlist for Love on Tour 2022. Of course, he still performed some of the most popular songs from each album such as “Golden” and “Adore you” from Fine Line, as well as “Sign of the times” from his debut album. He also performed “What Makes You Beautiful,” an iconic song from his former band One Direction. 

I was a little nervous, considering I had never seen him perform live — let alone traveled to a big city for a concert. To start off, the crowd’s energy  was something I’ had never experienced before. The atmosphere was friendly. We knew we were all there for the same reason, to see Harry perform, and fans took advantage of those moments while waiting in line outside to actually get to know each other. This welcoming atmosphere felt like home, or Harry’s House. The show consisted of people (including myself) screaming at the top of our lungs, dancing, crying, and laughing. Styles brought so much energy to the stage from the moment he stepped foot on it. I’ve never heard a group of people cheer so loud for the lights dimming in an arena like I heard that night. I’ve been to several artists’ concerts and Harry Styles is definitely someone you have to see at least once in your life. His passion for his songs along with his love for his fans shines through with every song. It was magical. 

This current leg of the Love On Tour will visit four cities in the U.S. — New York, California, Chicago, and Texas. This was definitely alarming when I first heard the news because I knew I would have to travel to go see him live. Styles scheduled many show dates in each of the four cities. Madison Square Garden in New York, for example, had 15 shows, as well as the Kia Forum in California, giving his audience the chance to see him perform live. It may seem like a hassle to travel such a long distance to see a concert but I promise you, it will be worth it.  

Harry Styles sings over the screams of the crowd at his concert in Madison Square Garden. (Jade Garcia)