Slideshow: Maintaining Fun Traditions During Fall Spirit Week

As is the tradition, math teachers teamed up for a group Halloween costume. Math teacher Christopher Kang took the lead role for this year”s “Shrek” theme.

Samantha Gitlin, Contributing Writer

Despite being on a hybrid model, the school maintained fall Spirit Week traditions starting on Monday, as students had the opportunity come to school in a different outfit each day.

Every day featured a different theme chosen by Student Council so students could showcase their creativity. Throughout the week, students did not have to wear uniforms, but still had to come to school ready to learn. The week began with Raiders showing their pride, filling the halls with white and blue. Tuesday followed with “Twin Day,” in which participants matched clothes with a friend.

“My favorite day of the week was Raider pride day because I like everyone wearing blue,” freshman Paloma Panilla said.

Even though not all the students were at school in person, the students at home were still able to participate virtually. Wednesday’s pajama day made this easy for them. 

“I thought [pajama day] was the easiest day since I am home and always have my pajamas on,” said sophomore Jade Garcia.

On Thursday, participants dressed as “tacky tourists,” sporting their best Hawaiian shirts, flip-flops, and sunglasses.  The week culminated with Halloween, when the students and teachers got to dress in their costumes of choice. 

“Given the circumstances, I think spirit week was a success for everyone,” senior Carolina Hassan said.