• Art Exhibition Showcase April 16-17
  • Senior Week: April 15-19 in the Student Union During Both Lunches!
  • IB Seniors' Last Day of School: April 23

Robotics Club Participated in First Robotics Competition

Robotics Club, BB-R8ERS, officially bagging their robot ready for competition!
“We had a lot of fun working together building the robot to get it ready for competition,” said senior Christian Yance. Photo by Claude Charron.

Robotics club students, BB-R8ERS, competed in the annual robotics competition in early March with their newest robot.

The BB-R8ERS were excited at the prospect of being able to challenge other schools for the first place prize.

“We were very excited for this year’s competition. We have worked very hard this year and can’t wait to pass on all that we’ve learn,” Senior Christian Yance commented.

This is the fourth time the BB-R8ERS competed and they
felt much more confident. While they did not win the 2017 F.R.C., they were still very optimistic. Having learned from their experiences, they made what they deemed were necessary adjustments to their robot, and building a better robot than in past years.

“Our ability to score and make points is much better than last year in terms of the robot’s ability to complete the preset challenges of the competition‚“ Junior Eduardo Briceno-Saez stated.

With 40 active members in the club, there was a mix of both new and experienced members on the team.

“The team is very well organized. I came in, and it was right down to business. I was very impressed and couldn’t wait for the competition,” freshmen Jordan Schmidt commented.

Although the team didn’t place in the top rankings, they plan to use the experience to develop improvements to their robot design for next year’s competition. For seniors, the competition was a rewarding experience.

“I was excited to compete with such a great team,” said senior Meyer Hallot.