Senior Athletes Sign National Letters of Intent

Athletes sign letters of intent on Nov. 9 at the Prep gym. From left to right: Lilly Barlow, Brooke Ellis, Raymond Gil, Shannon Kunkel, Sarah Lobo, Christian Nido, Robert Touron. Back Row: Softball Coach Mark Schusterman, Swim Coach Christopher George, Girls Basketball Coach John Zambolla, Girls Volleyball Coaches Ed Potter and Suzanne Landsom, Baseball Coach Manny Crespo.

Seven student athletes officially signed with their chosen colleges on Nov. 9, during the National Letter of Intent ceremony held at the Prep gym.

The NCAA National Letter of Intent is a contract that commits a student athlete to play for a D1 or D2 school. On Wednesday, seven of Gulliver’s student athletes signed the NLI, binding them to play for their chosen school.

“It was a proud moment for the athletic department and Gulliver as a whole, our student athletes are prepared on so many levels to pursue their interests in college,” said Assistant Athletic Director Raymond Ganser.

Shannon Kunkel, signed with her dream school, Hawaii Pacific University.  She was anticipating actually signing her official letter of intent.

“It was amazing, I had been waiting since June to officially commit,” said Kunkel.

The next signing day will take place on Feb. 1 for the football, soccer, and men’s water polo players.