Business Students Shine in Showcase

Juniors Antonio Mauri and Jordan Boudere, alongside senior Josh Pounder present their idea to the judges. Photo by Robert Burns.

The Business program hosted its second annual “Business Showcase” this past February at Crossbridge Church.

The showcase is an opportunity for Entrepreneurship students to pitch their business ideas. The concept is very similar to ABC’s hit TV show, Shark Tank. Selected students taking the Entrepreneurship program had the opportunity to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges that acted as investors.

This year judges were composed of business experts from the local South Florida community that included senior Madeleine Granados. Granados won the competition last year with her business idea Roba. Roba is an online retailer reference source which she produced with senior Gabriela Telepman.

Amongst the competition, the business plans that stood out were third place winners, Galeam, founded by juniors Antonio Mauri and Jordan Boudere along with senior Josh Pounder. Galeam is a unique helmet that provides interesting features such as music and digital dash.

“We really believed in our idea and thought we were definitely going to win. We plan to continue working on it and eventually turn it into an actual business one day,” said junior Antonio Mauri.

KidSitter captained by sophomore Zain Ali along with partners, Adam Abrahams and Zachary Ashbel placed second in the competition. KidSitter is an app that allows baby sitters to pair with a family in need of childcare at the last second.

“Our idea could use more work but for the most part, I was really happy to see how we did as a team,” said Ali.

The students participating in the event pose for a picture to commemorate the success of the event. Photo by Robert Burns.

However, the idea that stole the show was VitaPet, an all female group composed of sophomores Emma Guitar, Paola Ceballos, and Lucie Gibeau. VitaPet wishes to provide liquid vitamins that are safe enough for dogs to drink.

“We pretty much found a problem, which is dogs not eating vitamins, usually because they are not tasty and can be really hard on stomach. the solution: converting nutritious vitamins to liquid form,” said Emma Guitar.

VitaPet will soon compete within a district-wide competition that will include business programs from other schools in South Florida. The competition will give competitors more recognition and provide more critique for their proposals.