• Art Exhibition Showcase April 16-17
  • Senior Week: April 15-19 in the Student Union During Both Lunches!
  • IB Seniors' Last Day of School: April 23

Ultra Music Festival Returns

FELIXFRO_Ultra-Music-Festival-2014-Live-Sets-Day-3-Hardwell-Jack-U-Gaia-+-Many-MoreOne of the biggest weeks for Miami is “Miami Music Week,” taking place throughout the week of March 15, ending on the 20. This week not only consists of notary artists visiting and performing in Miami, such as Avicii, Disclosure, and the long await Deadmau5, but it also consists of Miami’s biggest concert and tourist attraction: Ultra Music Festival.

Created in 1999, Ultra Music Festival, also known as UMF, was originally held on a beach in South Beach. Despite starting off small, originally being an all day one day event, Ultra has since then expanded into a one weekend three day event. Hundreds of artists, mostly European, fly to Miami in order to perform, which draw more than 10 thousand people a year. Despite it’s popularity, Ultra Music Festival risked cancellation during 2015 for the excessive drug use that happens during the concert itself. Therefore, the City of Miami decided to put an age limit of 18+ on the entrance of the concert. An anti drug policy was also established at the same time as the age limit.

“The safety and security of our attendees, artists/performers, and personnel are our utmost priority and concern. Event organizers maintain a zero tolerance policy Ultra-music-festival-week-1-miami-fl-2013-2respecting the possession, sale, contribution, or use of any illegal or illicit drugs or substances and any such possession, sale, contribution, or use is strictly prohibited,” stated one of the flyers that was posted in the Miami Herald.

Nevertheless, Ultra Music Festival is not the only performance that is expected during Miami Music Week. Many other event such as Paradise Miami, Mosaic: Maceo Plex + Friends, and No Sugar Added are also taking place all throughout South Beach and Miami Beach.

Although general admission tickets for Ultra Music Festival are already sold out, VIP tickets are still available for $1,249.95 on ultramusicfestival.com.