Caracal changes the face of Disclosure

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 12.16.45 PMBritish duo, Disclosure, dropped their second studio album Caracal on Sept. 26, one of the last EDM albums to drop this year. From hit singles such as “Latch” and “You & Me”, Disclosure, which consists of two men who grew up in Surrey, England, are making a comeback from their 2013 album Settle.

The new album was announced by the duo at the Wild Life Festival in England this past June and shortly after when they uploaded an album teaser on their YouTube account, @OfficialDisclosure.

Disclosure first started when two brothers, Howard and Guy Lawrence, came together to create their first single “Official Dexterity.”  After releasing more than three EP’s, some of which including The Face and Control, Disclosure released their first studio album, Settle, which is considered to be their “big break.”

Settle sold more than 40,000 copies in the U.K. on its first week, receiving 4.5 stars on Billboard music review, and a 5-out-of-5 star rating on Mixmag music review. “Latch” the hit single from Settle, peaked at number 7 on Billboard’s Hot 100 list.

“It’s been more of a gradual climb for us over the last three-and-a-half years. We put in a lot of work in at the time, but once we put ‘Latch’ up and it got much more radio play, I can totally understand how it seems like that.” stated the duo in an interview with Clash Magazine.

Compared to their old album, Disclosure features many more artists in Caracal. With stars ranging from Lorde to Sam Smith, Caracal has been on iTunes’ top album list for almost two weeks. Over the past months, since the duo announced their new album, fans were able to pre-order the album on iTunes before its release. When the album is pre-ordered, the customer automatically receives the new songs. Some songs that have dropped include “Willing & Able ft. Kwabs,” “Omen ft. Sam Smith,” and “Jaded.”

“I really like their music because it’s different; not hard-core EDM but more ‘feel good’ music. My favorite song is ‘Willing & Able,’ only because you could dance to it even though it’s chill and slow. I expect the new album to be different from the old, not only better but more upbeat and fun,” said junior Kayla Sharp.

Caracal is available on iTunes for $10.99.